The main objective of ENPRENDIA is to enhance entrepreneurial culture among female population in Indian HEIs while promoting gender equality and gender equity – not only inside the walls of academic institutions but also extending it to civil society and their local communities. Indian society is characterized by miscellany in caste, religion, languages, festivals, attire, economic status and location, among others. However, for various reasons the representation of various groups of the society in terms of participation within the higher education system has remained historically unequal. The emphasis laid on providing an equitable access to opportunities to female students representing various diversified groups is highlighted in ENPRENDIA.
To attain our goal we have built a consortium of leading European universities and eight of the foremost higher education institutions in India. Together we will:
- Develop and advance institutional strategies for gender equality and equity in Indian higher education through a comprehensive analysis and transfer of EU best practices.
- Establish and reinforce gender equality through sustainable structures that bring together enterprise-universities and promote active participation of female population in society with the involvement of public and private stakeholders so as to create mechanisms that support startups and business initiatives.
- Facilitate activities between HEIs and schools and colleges of proximity to enhance entrepreneurial mindset and science among children and young people.
- Build an index system for gender equality in Indian HEIs within internal quality framework.
- Raise awareness and motivation to use identified best practices in gender equality through user-friendly videos and professional marketing tools
- Manage adequately the enhancement of gender equality among Indian HEIs and Indian HE.